Building 640 at the Presidio in San Francisco

Building 640 at the Presidio in San Francisco
Information Source for the Military Intelligence Service Historic Learning Center

Monday, August 1, 2011

Tours around Japantown

Hey guys, so we posted flyers for our tours of Japantown. We are free this week to give tours, so if you are interested call NJAHS. Luis made an amazing looking poster with pull tabs. I made a generic one for looking at. We will see what happens this week. Also in other news, look out for our $20 a day video. We will be working on it this week.

As for last week, we finished our DVDs from the digital storytelling project. It went really well, I am proud of my video. Roz says we will be debuting it in the New People movie theatre on August 14. I am so excited for it!!!

So it is the high school interns' last week. I'm very sad that we're nearing the end. This was a great experience and I really hope they got a lot out of it as well. We did a lot since our start, I really hope they got a good experience out of this and learned new skills.

Yesterday, Ken and I attended the BNP meeting in the JCCCNC. It was an interesting meeting. It was all older people either nisei or sansei and a lot of them have strong voices. I feel like I wasn't ready to voice my "youth" perspective. I notice a lot of older generation people have strong opinions, but I think to get the younger generations into Japantown, you need to ask the younger gen what brings them into their favorite places. then take that aspect and bring it into Japantown. On the notes, I mentioned that we need a youth council, it will provide the youth with leadership and give them a voice. The older gens need to be supportive of them and help them, not tell them what to do and how to do it. They need to mentor or be parents to this youth council.

[Alison]

No comments:

Post a Comment