Building 640 at the Presidio in San Francisco

Building 640 at the Presidio in San Francisco
Information Source for the Military Intelligence Service Historic Learning Center

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Internship at NJAHS - Mika

I have been doing internship at NJAHS for about three months.
Before I came here, I was very nervous because I had never had working experience here in America but I have learned a lot of things more than I expected.


First of all, all the works they gave me were very challenging especially transcription and reformatting. They were the most difficult tasks. I think that's because no body had done that before so I was the first one to find the way to finish. I could manage to do it because other people in NJAHS helped me a lot and they always asked me to how it is going so I felt comfortable to ask them whenever I had questions. They really helped me a lot. I appreciate that very much. When I did transcription, they were mostly about the world war so I could learn how they had life at that time in America and how they survived. Some stories about the camps were very sad but still, I was impressed by how they were strong and managed to have life here in America. It was really interesting for me as a student from Japan.

I still have a lots of things to do before I leave but I feel confident to finish all of them. It is the great place to intern because I could experience like real office work at the company or even more and also I can challenge myself in this organization. I am sure I will make use of these experiences for my future. Thank you so much.

Mika

No comments:

Post a Comment